The Providers Guide To EBT In Idaho

Keeping track of all the EBT information out there can be overwhelming. So, we’ve broken down all the basics in one handy guide.

If you have a question that we haven’t answered here, let us know.

How can I check my EBT balance online?

Download the Providers app to check your balance instantly. And while you’re there, explore opportunities to save and earn money.

Scan to download
Scan to
download now!
Screeshot for Map Feature
What's the Idaho Quest EBT Card?

EBT = electronic benefits transfer.

EBT card = a card that looks and works like a debit or credit card but is loaded with food stamps and/or cash benefits. You can use it at stores that accept EBT.

You’ll get the Idaho Quest EBT Card once you’re approved for benefits.

Idaho’s EBT customer service number is 1-888-432-4328.

How do I apply for food stamps?

To apply for food stamps, visit your local office (click on the “Regional Contact Information” tab) or mail in this application.

Call the Idaho SNAP hotline (1-877-456-1233) or visit their site for more information. Learn if you’re eligible for food stamps.

How do I renew my food stamps?

Learn more about the Idaho food stamp program.

To renew your food stamps, you have to reapply before your certification period (the amount of time you’ll get food stamps) ends. For most Idaho households, that period is 6 - 12 months. Confirm the length of your certification period with your caseworker.

You can renew your benefits online with an Idalink account.

If you’d rather renew in person, visit your local office (click on the “Regional Contact Information” tab) or call the Idaho SNAP hotline (1-877-456-1233).

When will I get my food stamps?

Learn more about the Idaho food stamp program.

Idaho sends out benefits over the first 10 days of every month, based on the last number of your birth year. Check the full deposit schedule to find out which day you’ll get your food stamps.

What household changes do I have to report and when?

If there are changes to your household or income, you’ll need to report them as soon as they happen. Learn more about specific requirements and how to report changes.

How do I replace a lost or stolen EBT card?

If you can’t find your EBT card, call the Idaho EBT hotline as soon as you can: 1-888-432-4328.

If someone manages to use your card, you won’t be able to get those benefits back, so make sure you call right away!

What can I buy with EBT?

You can use food stamps to buy groceries, snacks, and seeds or plants that will produce food.

You can’t use food stamps to buy alcohol, tobacco products, vitamins, live animals, prepared foods, or any non-food household items.

WIC food packages typically include cereal, juice, eggs, milk, peanut butter, dried and canned beans, tofu, fruits and vegetables, and whole-wheat bread. WIC packages also include canned fish and cheese for breastfeeding moms, and baby food for babies.

Which stores and restaurants take EBT food stamps?

Download Providers to see nearby stores and farmer’s markets that take EBT. You don’t need an account to use the map.

Can I get any discounts with my EBT card?

Yes! Your EBT card can get you and your family discounted or free admission to museums, theme parks, zoos, aquariums, and more.

Can I get more food stamps if I’m pregnant or a new parent?

Once your child is born, your household size will increase. More household members = more benefits.

While you are pregnant, you can’t get more food stamps, but you can apply for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) benefits.

WIC provides food and resources for pregnant women, new parents, and children up to 5 years old.

My family can’t afford other basic needs besides food.

If you have a child who’s 18 or younger, you may qualify for cash assistance through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.

TANF provides monthly cash assistance to help families with children get by during tough times.

Am I eligible for other benefits?

Check out this benefit finder tool and find out.

This information was compiled by Providers from publicly available government websites. Please check in with your local office if you have questions.